The following list of priorities has been established by the CAB to guide INCOSE:
- Develop, distribute, and promote working group products (including standards handbooks, architecture guidelines, risk management guide, etc.). Provide to CAB members electronically for use on their intranets.
- Contribute toward a single SE model that organizations can use both as a reference model and as a self-appraisal tool. Ensure the consistency of the model with emerging SE standards.
- Compile case studies and lessons learned that demonstrate how SE adds value to business results.
- Consistently deliver Journal issues.
- Continue to seek out successful practitioners of SE in commercial world. Expand INCOSE commercial presence.
- Define requirements for an environment for integrating engineering tools.
- Develop a recommended speakers/tutorial list.
The CAB's Needs List is updated annually. This is the list announced in August, 2003:
- The future vision for SE
- INCOSE SE Handbook Version 3
- Implementing the Guide to SEBOK
- Collecting / Producing & Posting the assets to populate the SEBOK
- Implementing the Certification Program Based on Version 3 of the Guidebook